Nothin' much to report.
My little sis went to spend the weekend at a friend's cabin at Lake Berryessa. Last night at 2am, they decided to make some garlic bread and went to fire up the propane oven. My sister's friend turned on the oven and let the gas run. My sister later went to light it, not realizing how long the gas had been building up, and created a fireball of sorts. She called shortly thereafter crying in pain. She drove herself home. I would have gone and gotten her, but she didn't want to leave her car and her friend can't drive a stick (!).
When she got here I dressed her hand and gave her some vicodin. When she got up a few hours later, her hand was much more swollen and so I took her to the ER where we spent the first half of the day. They re-dressed her hand and gave her a prescription for more vicodin. She looks like maybe her hand was amputated. I think we'll call her 'Stumpy'.
I'm just glad she didn't burn her face off, or worse, burn her airway, especially considering how she wasn't surrounded by the best and the brightest and they were way the heck away from medical help.
Spent the latter part of the day at the ranch, of course. Apollo is always so excited to see us, he is grunting and snorting by the time we get to his stall. Both girls hopped up on him for a little ride around the round pen. He likes to whuffle Avery's head, alot. I get it, I like to do that, too.
Spent tonight folding laundry. Need to sleep now. Must go to Healdsburg tomorrow. *sigh*